How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings at Home?
If you have never made chicken wings in an air fryer, let us tell you that is a must try and it is super healthy. It is easy to get chicken wings outside in any junk shop. But, if you are cooking chicken wings at your home, it is the healthiest approach. The air frying thing makes it a choice where you do not have to follow the deep fry technique. Cooking chicken wings in an air fryer is a clean and comfortable method. Here is a recipe for making air-fried chicken wings at home. Don’t miss out!
- Whole chicken wings
- Garlic powder
- Baking powder
- Olive oil or olive oil spray
- Any buffalo hot sauce
Special equipment needed:
- AIR FRYER
Dry the Chicken Wings:
The first step in making air fryer chicken wings is to dry them as much as possible using paper towels. It’s essential to remove any excess moisture from the wings, as moisture is the enemy of crispiness. So, make sure to pat dry the chicken wings until they are as dry as possible.
Cut the Chicken Wings:
Next, cut the chicken wings into two parts from the joint – one part is the wings, and the other is the drumette. Cutting the chicken wings in half will ensure that they cook evenly and allow the air to circulate the chicken wings in the air fryer.
Make the Seasoning:
In a bowl, mix the garlic powder, baking powder, salt, and black pepper to make the seasoning. The baking powder is the secret ingredient to achieving extra crispiness in the chicken wings.
Coat the Chicken Wings:
Coat the chicken wings with olive oil and then add the seasoning mixture. Make sure the chicken wings are coated evenly with the seasoning mixture.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat the air fryer to 380°F before putting the chicken wings in the air fryer. Preheating the air fryer will ensure that the chicken wings cook evenly and become crispy.
Spray the Air Fryer Basket:
To prevent the chicken wings from sticking to the air fryer basket, spray it with oil before putting the chicken wings in it.
Cook the Chicken Wings:
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F for a few minutes before cooking.
- While the air fryer is preheating, pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels. This will remove excess moisture and help the chicken wings to become crispy.
- Cut the chicken wings at the joint into two parts – the wings and the drumettes.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic powder, baking powder, salt, and black pepper to create a seasoning mixture.
- Coat the chicken wings with olive oil or olive oil spray, then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over them. Use your hands to ensure the chicken wings are coated evenly.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent the chicken wings from sticking.
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping each other. Overlapping chicken wings will prevent them from cooking evenly. You may need to cook the chicken wings in batches if you have a lot of them.
- Close the air fryer basket and set the timer for 20 minutes at 380°F.
- After 10 minutes, use tongs to give the chicken wings a toss, ensuring that they cook evenly.
- Cook for the remaining 10 minutes or until the chicken wings are golden brown and crispy.
- If you like your chicken wings extra crispy, you can turn up the heat to the maximum setting for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Once done, remove the chicken wings from the air fryer basket and transfer them to a plate or serving platter.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious and crispy air fryer chicken wings.
Make the Chicken Wings Crispier:
For extra crispiness, turn up the heat to the maximum setting for another 2 minutes. This step will make the chicken wings even crispier.
Add Your Favorite Buffalo Hot Sauce:
Take the chicken wings out of the air fryer and add your favorite buffalo hot sauce, if desired. You can also serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serve the chicken wings hot and enjoy their crispy and delicious taste. They are perfect for a party, game night, or a quick and easy dinner.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures may vary depending on the air fryer model, so adjust accordingly.
Special Equipment- AIR FRYER
The special equipment needed for making air fryer chicken wings is an air fryer itself. An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses hot air circulation to cook food, like a convection oven. It requires little to no oil to cook, making it a healthier alternative to deep frying. It also has a basket that allows the food to cook evenly, and the excess oil drips off into the basket, making it a clean and convenient cooking method. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to operate and maintain the air fryer for optimal results.